DIY Hockey is a place for this beginner to collect information and ideas from all over the internet into one place. This is stuff I use as I work and play to get better, and hopefully you'll find something useful for yourself here too.

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Who I Am

For those who ask themselves, "Am I too old to learn to play hockey?", let me answer that for you.

Nope.

My name is Ted.  I'm 58 years old, and I started learning to play hockey this year.  Why in the world would a guy my age take up hockey, of all things?  First, I've been a fan of the sport for most of my life.  Google the California Seals if you must.  Yeah, they were my team as a kid.  Terrible team, but they made up for it by having a truly awful logo and team colors.

California Golden Seals Logo.svg

When my granddaughter was born, she attended her first minor league hockey game before she was a week old (Norfolk Admirals).  A few years ago they moved to Phoenix, Arizona, home of the Arizona Coyotes.

The 'Yotes take their community outreach seriously, and spend big bucks on ice rinks and youth hockey in the area.  My granddaughter started playing mites three years ago, and loves it.

Grandpa (yours truly) loves that she loves it.  So what else could I do but learn for myself, so I could be more involved in what she was doing.  When we visit each other, we have a blast playing street hockey and attending games.

No comments:

Post a Comment