DIY Hockey is a place for this beginner to collect information and ideas from all over the internet into one place. This is stuff I use as I work and play to get better, and hopefully you'll find something useful for yourself here too.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

DIY Shooting Backstop - Updated - New Version

Not long ago I posted about a quick and dirty shooting backstop that I put together.  It worked great, but at the same time, it was more like a "first draft" because of the way I used bits and pieces laying around the shop to put it together.

Here's version 2.  It looks better, is easier to set up and take down, and is a little more stable as well.



The first difference is that I replaced the two bath towels with a single heavy beach towel.  After playing with different ways of attaching it to the frame, I found that just draping it over the top bar worked well enough.  Even better, this made it much easier to take apart and store when not being used.

The second difference is the frame.  It's still made of 3/4" PVC pipe.  The two uprights and top crossbar are each 36" long, connected by 90 degree elbows.  The uprights end in a "T" joint.  The rear legs are 18" long (you could probably go a little shorter), and the front legs are 4" long.



Everything is just press-fit together.

I'm going to use this for a few days and see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment