DIY Hockey is a place for this beginner to collect information and ideas from all over the internet into one place. This is stuff I use as I work and play to get better, and hopefully you'll find something useful for yourself here too.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Directions

So far, a lot of what I've posted has been about stickhandling.  The reason for that is simple, stickhandling is what I concentrated on the most when first starting out, mainly because it's a fundamental skill that I could practice at home.

Whether it's the strengthening exercises I've talked about, or the cool little toys that help keep practice fun (and I love the cool little toys), the primary emphasis has been on that basic skill.  To work on skating - and you should - you need ice time.  For shooting, you need some sort of goal or backstop.  For practicing your stickwork, you only need a stick and a ball or puck.

So yeah, we'll be branching out here soon enough.  I'll talk about some apps I've tried and like, and some store-bought training aids that I think are worth the money.  I'm just getting serious about shooting, so look for more about that too.

In the meantime, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment